Monday, July 16, 2012

What Happened Last Week

Well last week was a busy week. Not really sure why it seemed busier than others, but it did. Monday, my mom went to STL with me to get Austin's medicine refill. We stopped in Fairview on the way home and did a little shopping. I really needed new shoes, so we looked at a few places. Shoe Carnival was the first place we looked. Calleigh was enjoying looking at herself in the mirrors and running down the aisles. That was fun until she found the pole......I hope this isn't a bad sign for the future!! My pole dancing daughter. Oh dear!!
What can I say. Gotta have something to do while you're waiting I guess!! Wednesday, we went to the Missouri Botanical Garden. We went to meet with Melissa--one of Austin's nurses from the NICU. She won't be able to make it to his birthday party so she wanted to meet us and give him his present early. She brought her two kids and Calleigh had a ball playing with them! I hadn't been there since I was younger. It was a pretty neat place. We spent alot of time in the children's garden playing in the water! Calleigh was soaked from head to toe and loved every minute of it. Not to mention, I think we paid $13 total to get in. So not too expensive either. Melissa and her kids got Austin a build-a-bear that sings a song about how he loves his nurse & his nurse loves him. Its so adorable!!

Yeah I know. He looks really thrilled!! I think he was asleep when we got there! So we spend the whole day there. I wish Derek could have been with us though. He would have loved it as well. Guess that's something we can put on our list to do for the days we have nothing to do! Thursday was just a normal Thursday. Austin had physical therapy. She is really happy with the way he is doing. He's working hard, but he's still behind. That is to be expected though. I think they give them until they turn 2 to catch up. But I think that for everything he's been through, he's doing fantastic!!  Calleigh decided to be a rockstar too. She loves her new glasses that Papa gave her at the parade--can't you tell?? LOL
I honestly have no idea what we did Friday. I'm thinking nothing--which was perfectly fine with me! We watched a couple movies Friday night. Then watched a couple more Saturday night. And one last night too. WOW--we are getting so old and boring. We obviously have no life!! Yesterday was a great day though!! Went to church in the morning. Then I got to pick Derek up from his dad's. I'm so glad he is home! As much as he drives me insane, I sure miss him when he's gone! And I got my van back FINALLY. After almost 5 weeks of borrowing mom's van, I actually get to drive my own. It felt very strange. I couldn't seem to get comfortable. Guess that's a sign they had it way too long!
And this is how we ended the excitement of our busy week--PRUNES!!! Yummy!! Hope everybody had a great week as well!! Onto a new week that is hopefully great too!! I think we are going to the store today--ugh. Going to the store with 3 kids is definitely NOT my idea of fun!! But, gotta do it anyways! Oh, and in case you didn't figure it out, I figured out how to put pics on here--watch out!! LOL

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Jess, I love your pics! Keep posting 'em! I really like the one of Calleigh at the shoe store and Austin eating prunes...priceless - and great to show them when they're older! hehe

Melissa said...

Jess, I love your pics! Keep posting 'em! I really like the one of Calleigh at the shoe store and Austin eating prunes...priceless - and great to show them when they're older! hehe