Wednesday, July 18, 2012

First Swim

Well yesterday we had our first swim of the year. Calleigh has never really been fond of the water unless of course, she is hanging onto me. So I was very curious to see how it was going to go!! Derek just jumped right in--couldn't wait to get wet! So we put on the floaties and she says "no". So I stick her toes in the pool and she smiles. So I plopped her in the ring and she was a little freaked out at first. I was on the outside of the pool holding her hands. But finally......

she loved it!! I was so happy! So the kids swam a couple hours. Even Austin and I got in the pool.


Austin enjoyed the pool too. He sat (or rather layed) just like this the whole time. Never made a peep. He would turn his head to look at something, but that was the extent of his movement for like an hour! He is actually awake in the picture, just pretty relaxed!! We all had a good time swimming!!
My parents have decided to go on a vacation to the aquarium in Georgia and they asked if they could take Derek. So yesterday evening  my dad came and picked him up. They headed out early this morning. Derek wasn't too excited about the drive, but he has plenty to keep him busy. I'm rather jealous he got to go actually. I would LOVE to get out of here for 4-5 days. I'm glad he got to go though. I sent him my old camera to take pictures so I can see how much fun they have!
I was telling my sister how Austin likes my flip-flops. I always wear shoes around the house--ALWAYS. There's something about walking barefoot on the floor that makes my toes curl. Well last weekend I was on the computer and Austin was making some noises. I didn't bother to look and see what he was doing, I just waited. What could he possible get into laying on the blanket on the floor? When I finally looked down, there he was right by the couch, off the blanket, chewing on my flip-flop. Really?? Of all things to chew on!! So the other day Calleigh had to go to the bathroom, so I jumped up and didn't put my shoes on. When we came back, Austin had once again rolled off the blanket and had my flip-flop!

This time, he was sleeping. Of course he left evidence of chewing it--slobber on the edges. Guess my shoes are quite a security blanket for him! LOL  


No comments: