Saturday, July 7, 2012

Home Alone

Well here it is Saturday night and it's just me and the kiddos. Well, Calleigh and Austin anyways. Derek is at his dads again until the 15th. The two weeks when he's gone are the longest two weeks ever. I hate it!! Calleigh and Austin are keeping me fairly entertained. Calleigh is doing her usual--smothering Austin because she just can't get close enough! One of these days he will get her for everything she does to him. Mike went to Galconda tonight because he's fishing there tomorrow morning in some tournament. They decided to stay the night instead of getting up and leaving at 3 in the morning. Makes sense to me.
Well I hope everybody had a good 4th. We had a pretty good day. Got up early and got ready for the parade. Mike and I both ran the 3k (which is the start of the parade). It was the first run for both of us. It was SO HOT. And the whole parade route is in the sun. No wind movement what-so-ever! I thought I was going to die! But, I'm still here!! So, my first goal was to run the whole time. Goal #1--accomplished!! My second goal was to beat Mike!! Goal #2--fail. BOO!! That's alright. I finished. I ran the whole time. And I wasn't last in my age group. I was 12, but not last! I think I did pretty good for it being my first race. EVER. I think I'm going to reward myself with new running shoes! I could seriously use some anyways! I'm running in super old shoes with holes on both sides of both feet!!
Even though I know I need to keep running to get better and faster, I have not been faithful about it since Wednesday. I keep talking myself out of it because it is so hot. Or I'm tired. Or I have something else I would rather do. Any excuse I can think of!! So I talked myself out of it again this morning, but the new running fool inside of me made me get out and do it! So I ran this morning. It was super hot once again, but I manageed. And I felt soooo much better after I did it!! I'm actually going to try to start running more often than 3 days a week. My next step is to use the 'Ease in 10k' app. That should be interestering. I need to actually run a 5k first!!
Well no plans for tomorrow really. Church in the morning and I'm playing the piano since the regular painist will be gone. Then probably lunch at my parents house. Maybe a run later in the afternoon/evening....maybe. I believe the brownies in the kitchen are calling my name, so hope everyone has a good night and a wonderful, blessed Sunday!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So, how about a new post? I love reading your posts about day to day back home.....

jfleenor said...

Well, I just put a very long post on!! Hope you enjoy it!!