Thursday, June 28, 2012

No Turning Back Now

So today was a typical Thursday. Austin had physical therapy this morning and she is still pleased with how well he is doing. He is not completely at his developmental level for his age, but that is to be expected since he was so early. It was pretty hot outside today. I stepped outside the front door this afternoon--well not really, more like opened the door and stuck my head out--and it was pretty hot. I do not like the heat at all. Nor do I like the cold. I guess I'm just pretty hard to please.
So today I did it. I signed up for the 3k Firecracker run in Steeleville on the 4th. I'm pretty nervous. It will be the first run ever. I just hope I don't trip and fall while I'm running!! I'm can be pretty graceful sometimes. I think this will be a good icebreaker in my running. My goal is to run the whole time and I know I can do it!! So I'm signed up now, so looks like I won't be talking myself out of it. Especially since we had to pay--and I HATE to waste money. Hopefully I have some cheerleaders on the sides of the road to give me a pep-up when I feel like I'm about to die!!
Well it's almost 10:30pm and I'm blogging really late tonight. I have to stay up though because I'm going running with a friend after she gets off work at 11. Crazy, I know--imagine that!! So goodnight all and sleep well!!

No comments: